“Tell me, what is it you plan to do/ with your one wild and precious life?” (Mary Oliver)

Well, it looks as though I am being dragged back into the blogosphere despite a monster migraine, lured by my friend Liz over at Random Thoughts of a Lutheran Geek, who is running a “Two Truths and a Lie Blog Carnival” this weekend, darn her. It’s based upon the childhood game where you tell three truths about yourself, except that one, of course, is a lie, and everyone else has to guess which one the lie is. We usually played it at slumber parties and, truth be told, I was never very good at it, because I always blushed (the curse of the Irish for you) and giggled when I told my lie. At least here I have the advantage of not being seen!

So, here are my three, um, truths:

1  I thought about becoming an Episcopalian priest.
2. I was once engaged to the son of a millionaire.
3. I was once interviewed on MPR.

So go to the comments section and make your guesses!  And then play along on your own blog, link up and hop around the blogs to get to know each other better.  We will reveal the correct answers on our original posts on Monday February 28th so stop back to see if you were right!

Note: I revealed my correct answers in my comments section by mistake. You will find that I like to be different. Or difficult, depending upon your interpretation! And I was late besides–oops!

8 thoughts on “two truths and a lie

1. Melinda says:

Okay, I'm going to go with #2….

2. Miss Erin says:

#2 I think the others are pretty believeable…not that #2 isn't, but…

3. Valerie says:

Yep, I'm going for #2 as the lie. I can't wait to hear the stories, though.

4. Rebecca says:

I'm also going to go with #2 as the lie…

5. Kim says:

I think #2 is the lie.

6. LutherLiz says:

I think it is #3 just to be different! Thanks for playing friend!

7. Barbara says:

Actually, number one was the lie! Despite my interest in theology, I've never considered being an Episcopal priest for two reasons: 1) I've just never felt a call to the priesthood (although I am totally in favor of ordaining women), and 2)I'm Catholic down to my bone marrow, and I can't imagine leaving. Just remember that there is a lot more to being Catholic than what comes out of the Vatican!I was engaged to the son of a millionaire for about a year, in my late twenties. I didn't know his dad was rich until we'd been dating for a while; I just noticed that his profligate spending habits were driving me wild. That's one reason I called it off. Another was that he was very averse to finding a job (and he'd had a good education, he went to Notre Dame, for Pete's sake) and I realized that we'd be living off of his dad, since at the time I was unable to work due to my fibromyalgia. I KNEW my dad would come back and haunt me.But even worse, he could really be a pompous ass, especially on subjects on which he knew barely anything about. I recall more than one excruciating dinner party…And then I read a handout from the Basilica of St. Mary's marriage prep program: Top Ten Reasons Not To Get Married. Number 6 was "You're getting married because all of your friends are married and you're afraid of being left behind." BINGO!!!!And I was interviewed on MPR on a fluke, really. I was working for Dave Durenberger's campaign back in '88 at the State Fair (see how that ages me) as a college intern and when MPR came by our booth looking to do an interview on why people should vote for Dave, the other intern ran away. Literally. That was the day I discovered I actually think pretty darn well on my feet. He went on to win the election, anyway!Thanks for playing, ladies! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond–it's been a crazy week, and I do mean crazy, so I hope some of you had the patience to check back!

8. Lana D says:

I guessed number one even before I read the reveal! Just finally finishing up reading all the reveals for Liz's blog-hop. My name is Lana and I have fibro, too. And I am so ready for this winter to be over!! Nice to 'meet' you!

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

afrenchfryeinparis.wordpress.com/

Discovery Tours of Paris by Corey Frye

Lent Madness

You decide who wins the Golden Halo

Living The Seasons

Finding Beauty and Laughter Everywhere

Bane of Your Resistance

A place to share insight and information about the many forms of writer’s resistance (writer’s block, procrastination, distractions, looking for answers in the fridge, keeping yourself too busy to write, etc.) so you can stop resisting and start really enjoying your writing.

Discover

A daily selection of the best content published on WordPress, collected for you by humans who love to read.

Sunshine upon my inner garden

Reflections on the joys and struggles of living in this world

l'art et l'amour

what else is there to live for?

Be Inspired..!!

Listen to your inner self..it has all the answers..

DJ Ranch

Where God is Real, Love Abounds, and Life is Lived Out Loud!

this quotable life

wishes...wonders...words

JP the Wide-eyed Wanderer

A little writing, travel, photos and lots of fun with a wandering spoonie

devri velazquez

pretty, sick. chick.

The Godly Chic Diaries

BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH

Whippet Wisdom - a Highland Journey

A journey through the seasons with two adopted whippets, a poet and a camera

Cee-Chris Courses

On becoming extraordinary

Advicebyher

We are here to inform and inspire.

Learn Fun Facts