discoveries of grace in my messy and imperfect, but blessed, life

Listen to your life. See it for the fathomless mystery that it is. In the boredom and pain of it no less than in the excitement and gladness: touch, taste, smell your way to the holy and hidden heart of it because in the last analysis all moments are hidden moments and life itself is grace.

Fredrick Buechner

btl_ranunc_blue.vase_wax.quench

May 24, 2014

19 thoughts on “Life is Grace

1. The images on your blog are so beautiful.

1. barbaramarincel says:

Thank you! That’s so kind of you to say–and it means a lot to me. Photography and writing are probably my two biggest pleasures in life!

Liked by 1 person

2. I love this quote… it is embracing everything in life that allows us to live of celebration NO MATTER WHAT. Lovely to meet you here on WordPress and will enjoy your friendship x Barbara
    p.s. Would you like to join my february challenge and write about your own true awakening experience and where you find yourself now on your journey to self-realisation and freedom? It doesn’t have to be long, it can be short and with photos too…. more info here http://memymagnificentself.com/2016/01/26/february-challenge-inspiring-others-by-your-unique-awakening-experience/

1. barbaramarincel says:

Sure, Barbara, I’d love to join your February challenge! Thanks for the invite! Just let me know which date you’d like me to write. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. How wonderful barbara, Thankyou, would you like to take the 11th… Looking forward to reading more about your journey xx barbara

2. barbaramarincel says:

Sure, the 11th would be fine. I’ll see what I can come up with.

3. IAM sure inspiration will flow…. Barbara x

3. Hello Barbara, just wondering if you remember you are posting your story today. Love to you, Barbara x

1. barbaramarincel says:

Yes, but I probably won’t be able to post it until this evening.

1. Magnificent, Thankyou… Love x

4. candidkay says:

Gorgeous quote on so many levels and one I needed this evening. Thank you!

1. Barbara Marincel says:

I’m so glad it came at just the right time! Funny how that happens sometimes, isn’t it? So happy you stopped by 🙂

5. Anna Louise says:

I really appreciate this quote and so needed at this time in my life. Thank you for posting the heart-touch saying and lovely photo to go with. I am copying this to keep on my desk for a constant reminder read. 🙂

1. Barbara Marincel says:

That’s why I have it as a sticky post at the top of my blog–so I see it all of the time! I need the constant reminder that “all life is grace” even the messy, frustrating bits.

6. Susan says:

What beautiful words and this image is so light and airy and lovely!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks Susan…I really appreciate it!

7. Fibronacci says:

Absolutely LOVE this image, Barbara!! 🙂 I don’t know if you do blogging awards, but I linked your blog as one of my “nominees” for the Real Neat Blog award. Your photography is so gorgeous, it always warms my heart when I see it. I hope by my “nominating” your blog, others can to discover your photography as well. ❤

1. I am honored, my friend! Thanks so much. Of course, I never think my photography is all that great, but I do work very hard at improving it! Where can I find the link? Do I need to do anything to accept?
      And I hope you know how much I love your blog…I sometimes miss reading it because of my stupid migraines, but I admire you so much for your positive attitude. And your pluck. my goodness, you defended your thesis with fibromyalgia? Wow! I have a friend who recently defended hers in history and another in theology, and I was surprised they lived through the process, frankly.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

doxaweb.wordpress.com/

Our every encounter leads someone toward beatitude or away from it

Minute Meditations

Presented by Benedictine University, Campus Ministry

Medievalists.net

Where the Middle Ages Begin

Reflections

We are what we think.

PTSD and beyond

The good and the bad of having an illness

Lavender and Levity

Laughing at myself, and learning to love (live with) it!

A New Day: Living Life Almost Gracefully

Photography and Thoughts About Life and Aging

Living A Fibro Life

My life with Fibromyalgia

Ramblings of a 50+ Female

Fibromyalgia, Sleep Apneoa, Mental Health, Endometriosis, Osteoarthritis, Granny, Nature, Scotland.

Invisibly Me

Your struggles may be invisible, you are not. Health, Lifestyle, Chronic Illness & Pain, Leisure, Finances, News & Reviews.

Fibro Ramblings

Living with Fibromyalgia

Women With Fibromyalgia

Fibromyalgia Support for Women

imageintoikon.wordpress.com/

exploring creativity and spirituality

Being Benedictine

A Listening Heart

CoffeeMamma

Just a Mom that loves her family, coffee & blog.

Rev. Rebecca Writes

Faith. Books. Disability Awareness

The Petite Press

a home design blog

UndeniablySara

Survive Narcissistic Abuse, fight Chronic Illness, and begin to Heal.